Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Spike Lee came to my school.

On Friday, Spike Lee, director of 'Crooklyn', 'School Daze' and many more, came to my school to speak to the students. He came to my school because as an undergrad student he took classes at CAU and graduated from Morehouse. If you dont know CAU, Spelman, and Morehouse represent the Auc (Atlanta University Center). I was pretty excited to be in the same room as this talented man. Since I am changing my major this year to being a mass media arts student, I want to take advantage of every opportunity possible. I must say I went there looking for inspiration and I believe I got it. He showed us previews of the Michael Jackson movie that is to premiere soon as well as answering questions from students. He is a humbling man and I really appreciate him giving us the opportunity to be in his presence. Not many students can say they met Spike Lee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment