Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

I was using Psychology as a safety net...

Hi everyone,

Ok, so basically the reason why I wanted to discuss this topic is because for many of us college students choosing ONE major is HARD. I am in this crazy situation of changing my major and this is coming from a person that doesn't like change too much. Well something I've noticed at school is that we as students use certain majors as a safety net. For example, I can use myself I am a rising junior and I chose psychology as a major just because I took a class on it in high school. As I have grown older I still really do LIKE psychology and I am very good at reading people but....I have been passionate about blogging and writing since freshman year  in high school. I am now having a change of heart. My school is expensive yes, and the economy sucks like hell but my recent experiences have led me away from using my safety net and taking a risk for what I actually want to do for the rest of my life. I love to plan my life and If I can plan it well enough to stay in the areas where I know I have a better opportunity of a job thats a risk i am willing to take. But I am selling myself short PLAYING IT SAFE.

Thank you for reading

0 comments:

Post a Comment